We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Director Business Finance
The Director Business Finance is responsible for maximizing the return on the company’s investment dollars by providing fact-based input into development projects and by accurately evaluating and communicating to executive management the financial risk and return of potential business opportunities so that they may make sound investment decisions. Also, providing deal structure and negotiation support on new business initiatives.
This is a management position and typically reports to the Senior Director, Business Dev Finance.
• Works to identify and evaluate potential development opportunities in new and/or existing accounts
• Provides financial input to assist in the selection of concepts
• Coordinates resources from Development, Concepts, Operations, and Design & Construction to lead the building of a comprehensive Business Case for each development project (to include detailed operating assumptions, pro forma, and assessment of financials returns, risks, and upsides)
• Structures and negotiates business terms for subtenant and joint venture relationships to fulfill legal and contractual requirements for local and minority business participation
• Participates in negotiations with landlords and potential business partners
• Prepares and presents Business Cases for capital approval within HMSHost and Autogrill
• Prepares Business Case Post Audits to compare actual project performance to approved Business Case projections; ensure that learnings are shared with others in Business Development so that they may be instituted
• Provides regular updates to the Opportunity Pipeline for all potential future development projects in assigned accounts
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related experience if candidate has an MBA; MBA with a concentration in Finance is preferred
• Requires 7 or more years of experience in financial or business analysis in a corporate environment
• Requires demonstrated relevant business experience in structuring deal terms and providing analytical support for negotiations and other business transactions
• Requires technical financial analysis skills (NPV, IRR, cost/benefit, trend analysis); computer modeling and analysis skills
• Requires ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Requires strong technical oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Must have the ability to conceptually recognize financial and strategic implications of analysis and information (intuitive business sense)
• Requires ability to make fact-based decisions under high-pressure situations and to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment requiring regular multi-tasking
• Requires the ability to interact effectively with counterparts in other functional areas (e.g., Concepts, Design & Construction, Operations, etc.), with HMSHost and Autogrill executive management, and with landlords, clients, and other external contacts
• Requires a successful track record of cross-functional team membership
• Experience in reading and interpreting legal agreements; experience in commercial real estate development and multi-location service companies preferred