We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Senior Manager, Income Tax
The Sr Mgr, Income Tax is responsible for coordinating and minimizing tax liabilities concerning U.S. and Canada federal, state, county or municipal tax issues, along with various other foreign locations. Also responsible for proposing ideas to management that will minimize tax risks, improve efficiency, productivity, quality, and controls within the Tax group. This is a management position and typically reports the Sr Dir, Income Tax.
• Manages the U.S. and Canada tax compliance activities, including the review of tax returns, estimates, or extensions prepared by associates
• Prepares and or/reviews necessary calculations and reports for taxes on financial statements, quarterly forecasts, and annual budgets
• Coordinates tax audits including responding to notices, information document requests, or inquiries from various tax authorities which require discussions with federal, state or local representatives
• Proposes and implements planning ideas for reducing taxes by evaluating current processes and tax liabilities or assisting in mergers and acquisitions
• Leads projects that will minimize tax risks and improve efficiencies, productivity, quality and controls including tax research and planning, tax consequences of various transactions and process improvements
• Guides and trains other associates regarding their tax compliance responsibilities and other assigned tax matters
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s degree in Tax and/or CPA or working towards CPA a plus
• Requires 8 years of tax experience including 3 years at a management level
• Requires strong accounting, planning and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Requires understanding of general corporate tax principles and GAAP, including ASC 740
• Requires strong computer skills including Excel and PeopleSoft; experience in OneSource or CORP Sales a plus
• Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills